1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Insert surface error

Discussion in 'Using Alibre Design' started by bigseb, Sep 14, 2019.

1. bigseb

bigseb Alibre Super User

Trying to insert a surface into part and get this error:

Capture.JPG

Any ideas what causes it?

2. GIOV

GIOV Senior Member

ACIS Error: Its refers to the Spatial owner of Hoops. I suggest to re-import the surface as IGES.

3. DavidJ

DavidJ Alibre Super User Staff Member

Could be a problem with the surface, or how it is represented, or could be an issue in AD, or with the importing process. All that error means is that ACIS (the core modeller) has been passed something it regards as invalid. That doesn't mean much except perhaps to the software developer - but developer would need the files to investigate further. Suggest you send to support along with a description of your workflow.

BTW - ACIS comes from Spatial (owned by Dassault), HOOPS is from Tech Soft 3D.

4. GIOV

GIOV Senior Member

5. bigseb

bigseb Alibre Super User

6. simonb65

simonb65 Alibre Super User

It does say on the Spatial (Dassault) website that the 3D visualization tool HOOPS is their product!! Tech Soft 3D state that Dassault is one (of many) of their technology partners.

This gives an overview of what Tech Soft 3D do and own ... https://www.upfrontezine.com/2018/03/upf-972.html

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
  7. GIOV

GIOV Senior Member

"Spatial's 3D Visualization software HOOPS"=3D Visualization software HOOPS of Spatial.. May I am confusing with my ESL but the web should be corrected as Spatial is using 3D Visualization software HOOPS...

8. Max

Max Administrator Staff Member

I believe HOOPS provides an option to buy, fork off, and self-maintain the HOOPS source code. Perhaps this is what they are referring to by saying it's "Spatial's HOOPS".

simonb65 likes this.