1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error on exporting as STP

Discussion in 'Using Alibre Design' started by jhiker, Dec 6, 2018.

1. jhiker

jhiker Alibre Super User

Uh-ho..
    First worrying error message since updating to the latest version.
    This assembly was done many months ago. I have exported it as STP in the past but now it throws up an error.
    Any suggestions? Error.jpg

2. jhiker

jhiker Alibre Super User

Most odd.. This happened with two similar files. Rebooting did not help.
    I opened both models and deleted a short list of hidden parts from the explorer tree, saved the model and then exported them both as STP files without problems.
    I don't know why/how that worked but it did..

3. jhiker

jhiker Alibre Super User

Where are the error logs kept please?

Strangely the forum won't let me search for 'error log' because it says the word 'log' is too short or too common... daft!

Search Results for Query: error log
    1. The following words were not included in your search because they are too short, too long, or too common: log

4. HaroldL

HaroldL Alibre Super User

That's funny, I just clicked on your link and got 191 results, 10 pages. o_Oo_O
    Including your last post about the error log results.

5. DavidJ

DavidJ Alibre Super User

There is a link to Log Files Directory from Utilities tab of Home Window.

6. simonb65

simonb65 Alibre Super User

That sounds like the dev team need to know that information. The 0xC0000005 error is an 'Access Violation'. That usually occurs when a pointer that is being used is invalid (out of the scope of the application memory space) or set to NULL. Again, this appears on the surface to be related to the items that are marked as hidden. You should forward this on to dev as a support ticket and add your comments. It may have worked for you once you removed the hidden stuff, but there is obvious a bug in there that needs fixing, so please log it.

7. HaroldL

HaroldL Alibre Super User

Point of reference, when you export an assembly with hidden parts as a STEP file out of SolidWorks it will present you with a dialog stating that there are hidden items and ask prompt you to include them or not in the STEP output. Did Alibre do this?