1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Get Position of an AssembledPart?

Discussion in 'Alibre Script' started by NateLiqGrav, Feb 12, 2019.

1. NateLiqGrav

NateLiqGrav Alibre Super User

How can I get the position of an AssembledPart Relative to the Current Assembly? These are not Parts I have added with the script.

2. ajayre

ajayre Alibre Super User

What information do you want to receive? It's represented internally as a 4x4 transformation matrix which isn't very user-friendly.

Andy

3. NateLiqGrav

I think it would make sense to be presented the same way as Assembly.AddPart with position of the origin and assume angles TranslationFirst is true.
    double OffsetX, double OffsetY, double OffsetZ, double AngleX, double AngleY, double AngleZ

4. ajayre

ajayre Alibre Super User

But you won't know what it is translated or rotated from, right? If you didn't add the part. What is the goal with having this functionality? I.e. what are you trying to do?

Andy

5. NateLiqGrav

The offsets should be the part's origin's offset from the origin/original planes of the assembly just like when they are added.

My idea is to find to find the parts location to update position of other parts through the script if the user has moved them. Similar to a constraint.

6. ajayre

ajayre Alibre Super User

OK, please submit to support as a new feature request. Andy